We all know the story of the tortoise winning the race against the hare, not because he was the smartest, smallest, or even wittiest. Rather, he won the race due to his laser-focus on the result: The Goal Line.
If you feel like giving up whenever things are going wrong, you are not alone.
Even though plateaus, set-backs and relapses are normal when it comes to life-changing challenges, there are some practical suggestions for keeping yourself motivated and positive:
- Be very clear about what are your goals.
- Plan your week to give clarity to your priorities and learn to delegate.
- Take action daily to bring you closer to fulfilment.
- Find motivational nuggets such as exercise, meditation, affirmations or journaling.
- Think positively about how much you have accomplished instead of what is ahead.
- Focus on progress, not perfection.
- Remember! One day at a time: Even God had a plan for six days, and then He rested.