Does your partner:
- Embarrass or make fun of you in front of others?
- Belittle your accomplishments or goals?
- Insist that you are incapable of making decisions?
- Use intimidation or threats to gain compliance?
- Infer that without his/her assistance you could never succeed?
- Call, text, or email several times per day to monitor your movements?
- Blame you for their failures?
- Try to curtail actions which are in your best interest?
- Isolate you from family and friends?
- Use SILENCE as a weapon?
(Adapted from: National Coalition Against Emotional Abuse)