Who Are You?
Did you know that there are three types of people in the world? There are the “Wills”, who play to win, the “Won’ts” who play it safe, and the “Can’ts” who play to lose.
Uh! Uh! Which one are you?
Gary Ryan Blair, in the 100 Day Challenge states that by saying the words “I will” you are sending an advanced message to your mind , signalling triumph over adversity, as well as victory in the face of resistance while bolstering the determination to persevere to the end. “I won’t” sends a message of excuse-making, resistance and procrastination, while “I can’t” represent a hopeless victim mentality that welcomes defeat.
So, what is it that motivates some of us to refrain from saying “I will”?
It is our desire for safety, refuge, as well as presumed security to remain in the comfort zone. Since some of us are more fearful than courageous we hide our under-performing lives behind fear and insecurity instead of striving to unleash our greatness.
However, if you want to embrace the power of “I will” you will reap the benefits of achievement, of facing challenges as well as using your knowledge and your skills. Consequently, I urge you to intentionally decide to accept the fact that every goal, every success, every advancement in life will automatically have to embrace challenges so :
- Say “I will”. I know you can
- Ask for assistance. Make sure your support is from someone who has proven their ability to achieve
- Develop a plan. “Hit-and-miss” only causes stress
- Establish a time-line. A goal without a doable timeline is a day-dream
- Learn from mishaps. That is how babies learn to walk. Get up and try again
- Celebrate small victories. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Good luck. I will be contacting you again. Yes, I will